A basic hearing test begins with an air conduction test. You will be seated in a soundproof booth and single-use, foam earphones will be inserted into your ear canals. The Audiologist will ask you to push a button or raise your hand when you barely hear a series of beeps (tones) presented at various frequencies (pitches) to obtain your air conduction thresholds.
To determine whether your hearing loss is a conductive (mechanical) loss, sensorineural (permanent) loss or combination of the two, we perform a bone conduction test.
For this test, a head band is place on the bone behind one of the ears to obtain your bone conduction thresholds. This process provides a different form of sound transmission using vibration, which bypasses the eardrum and the middle ear bones and directly stimulates the auditory nerve. When you hear the beeps/tones, you will push a button or raise your hand.
If bone conduction thresholds are better than air conduction thresholds (through the foam inserts), you have a conductive hearing loss. This suggests a problem with the mechanical structures (moving parts) of the ears.
Conductive hearing loss is often a medically treatable condition for which we will provide you with a referral to an Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) physician. However, if bone and air conduction thresholds match, it indicates a sensorineural hearing loss (permanent), and the treatment will likely involve hearing aids.
If you want premium “out of this world” technology and the highest level of service and expert support, our All-Inclusive treatment plan is the right investment for you.
The All-Inclusive treatment plan offers long-term value for your on-the-go lifestyle, providing everything you need to connect with family and friends for years to come.
• Stellar hearing devices from top manufacturer (rechargeable option available)
• Wireless accessory included at no charge
• Comprehensive Annual Visit including hearing assessment, hearing device adjustment, and 19-Point preventative maintenance valutaion
• Bi-annual hearing aid software update and reprogramming
• Same day diagnosis and in-office repair during weekdays for devices dropped off before 3:00 p.m.
• 5-Year full-service repair warranty
• Unlimited remote hearing aid adjustments
• 100% moisture removal by Redux and cleaning
• Hearing aid supplies (stock receivers, batteries, domes and filters)
• $1000 contribution towards purchase of upgraded technology within 48 months
• 3-Year replacement warranty for loss or damage (no deductible)
• Dedicated team of hearing care experts at your service
• Unlimited teleaudiology appointments
• Access to our “speed of light” repair specialists